BAR SOS AIR AMBULANCE cover includes the costs of the above services, and includes the cost of air medical evacuation, within the terms and conditions documented below.
This cover includes the costs of coordinating a response to emergency situations, it does not include the costs incurred during the response such as medical treatment and transfer by land to a medical facility.
BAR SOS subscription allows for the services specified in this document and unlimited air evacuations within Uganda in case of a medical emergency during the period of the cover. Evacuations will be made to the most suitable medical facility, within Uganda, using Bar AVIATION EMS (Emergency Medical Services) fixed wing aircraft.
Services can be requested by phone, email, or authorization form. All requests for Services will be documented and a copy provided by the requesting Client to BAR SOS.
BAR SOS undertakes to make every effort and uses its best endeavors to accommodate the Client’s requirements for patient evacuation.
BAR SOS retains the right to use its judgment in all cases particularly in circumstances involving the safety of people and aircraft. BAR SOS reserves the right to retain the final decision to evacuate. Any reasons for rejection of a request for evacuations will be given within a reasonable time.
Aero medical evacuations shall be subject to clearances from the relevant civil aviation authorities as well as operational considerations at the time of request and/ or confirmation of flight.
BAR SOS reserves the right to direct the member for consultation with a doctor, or relevant medical personnel to assess the members’ medical needs before an evacuation is activated.
Only registered clients are covered by this scheme. Subscription is not transferable between persons. Identification (passport or similar) will be required to confirm subscription status before the evacuation takes place.
All payments for the services are to be made in advance to BAR SOS in the prescribed form which shall be limited to Banks and online payment platforms.
BAR SOS will not pay for expenses arising from or authorize a free evacuation when requested in relation to any of the following:
● Out of hospital treatment – any out of hospital treatment or an evacuation that is requested for simple injuries like sprains or simple fractures and mild illnesses, which can be treated locally.
● Existing acute illness or injury at the time of enrollment – any evacuation for an acute illness or injury that a subscriber was being treated for at the time of or immediately prior to enrollment.
● In-patient medical cost – Any in-patient medical costs.
● Medevac by helicopters are not covered under this policy. These can however be arranged for a service fee.
● Willful acts or acts found to have been caused due to the negligence or recklessness and client participation in acts that may be dangerous.
● War, political violence, civil unrest – An evacuation for injury sustained as a result of willfully taking part in war, political violence or civil unrest.
● Search & Rescue – Search/rescue operations are not guaranteed if a subscriber is lost in a remote, inaccessible area.
● Criminal activity – any evacuation arising from or related to injuries sustained whilst engaging in a criminal or unlawful act.
● Contamination – the evacuation for any conditions arising directly or indirectly from chemical or biological contamination, however caused or from contamination caused from nuclear fission, ionizing radiation or by radioactivity from nuclear fuel or waste.
● Dispute resolution – Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the rules of the International Chamber of Commerce.
● Governing law – These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Uganda.
● Confidentiality – BAR SOS shall maintain the confidentiality of all client information and shall not disclose it to any third party without the client’s prior written consent.
● Fraud – Whether attempted or actual, will be treated very seriously. Any detected fraud will render the subscriber liable to pay in full any costs incurred by BAR-SOS, who reserve the right to take legal action if necessary.
Outside of this scheme, it may be possible to offer evacuations on a fee for service basis to the member.
ALL THE ABOVE NOTWITHSTANDING
1. Flights to all locations are dependent on runway conditions and weather at the time of request.
2. Prices quoted are subjected to change without notice due to the prevailing conditions. Price changes for Clients with existing MOUs will be communicated 30 days before.
3. The aircraft will only take off after all necessary authorizations/ landing permits, weather, turnaround time are all in place. The domestic flights will only be day operations due to clearances and time restricted take-offs and landings on domestic aerodromes.